At McKenna Snyder LLC, we are able to effectively meet the needs of our clients in the area of special education due in large part to the combined experience of our attorneys & our commitment to providing quality legal representation in this area. McKenna Snyder LLC’s attorneys have decades of combined legal experience in handling matters involving students with disabilities & special education students. We represent clients in a variety of proceedings arising under state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to: IDEA, Section 504, ADA, FERPA, Title IX, Section 1983, the Public School Code, and state implementing regulations. We recognize the unique challenges, opportunities and issues surrounding the provision of services to students with disabilities enrolled in a variety of educational settings, including: charter schools, cyber charter schools, as well as other local education agencies and private schools. Our attorneys have even testified before legislators regarding the need for equitable funding for special education students and the schools that serve them.
In this area of our practice, we routinely:
- Litigate matters at the administrative and appellate levels pertaining to students with disabilities;
- Attend board meetings to review and explain special education issues, matters & cases;
- Train and advise school personnel, contractors, administrators and boards;
- Prepare witnesses for appearances at hearings and other dispute resolution sessions;
- Draft and/or assist in the development of legally compliant school policies and procedures;
- Review and draft contracts, settlement agreements & trust agreements;
- Coordinate responses to state and federal investigative inquiries and audits, etc.
- Keep our clients informed of important changes in state and federal laws, regulations and guidance related to the education of students with disabilities.
Our special education attorneys also work with insurance companies within a model of representation that meets each entity’s specific needs.
We are proud that our special education attorneys are also frequently called upon and invited as lecturers, presenters and contributing authors on various special education law topics, education law topics and attorney ethics. We especially enjoy the opportunity to work with our schools on professional development, policy and procedure development and interagency collaboration efforts as this helps to foster a proactive and preventative approach to legal situations. This also gives us the opportunity to interact with clients to create and enhance a valuable framework of supports that benefits each child and the school as a whole.
For more information, please contact one of our special education attorneys today.