Tips for Conducting MDR Meetings, Handling Changes of Placement, Addressing Bullying and More
Unique legal challenges come up when disciplining special education students. From handling disputes over MDR results to determining whether a safety assessment is required, are you on top of the latest guidelines? This program provides legal clarity on the latest case law and legislative updates, protections for students who aren’t yet eligible for special education services, school liability issues and more. Register today!
· Review key special education laws.
· Uncover practical guidance for responding to special education students who misbehave.
· Examine legal best practices for documenting disciplinary actions.
· Discover recent developments regarding physical restraint and seclusion.
· Analyze best practices for creating bullying policies.
I. Key Laws to Know
II. When Students with Disabilities Misbehave: Key Steps to Take
III. Manifestation Determination Reviews (MDRs): Determining Whether the Disability Caused the Behavior
IV. Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIPs) and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
V. Disciplining and Expelling Students with Disabilities: Ensuring Legal Best Practices
VI. Students with Disabilities and Bullying: Legal Essentials